About Me

My photo
These are a few of my favorite things (not in order of importance): Creating beautiful things from paper or fabric; Loving puppy dogs (and cats, and other furry critters); Being part of the Eagan Hills Alliance Church family; Enjoying my grandchildren; Relaxing with my husband - especially someplace with dramatic nature (like the North Shore of Lake Superior); Being appreciated by folks where I work.

Sep 29, 2012

Another Colorwash for STV12MON38 & Mojo #260

I decided to combine a few challenges in this one.  The StampTV Mix it Up Monday for a color-wash background, the new sketch for Mojo Monday #260, and the Pink Gems "For the Girls" challenge #56.
I wanted to try the STV12MON38 color-wash technique again, so that is the background.  Done in Distress Inks on the acrylic block, then misted with water and "stamped" on paper.  The colors used were Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Dusty Concord, and Tea Dye.
The Mojo Monday sketch #260 was to do either round or square.  The sketch shows a strip of paper from the right and a wide ribbon from the left. My ribbon options were somewhat limited, or I would have picked something with more contrast to the strip of paper.  The flower was made using the Boho Blossoms punch, distressing the paper, then crumpling and layering them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me, to help me improve the blog content. Thanks!