About Me

My photo
These are a few of my favorite things (not in order of importance): Creating beautiful things from paper or fabric; Loving puppy dogs (and cats, and other furry critters); Being part of the Eagan Hills Alliance Church family; Enjoying my grandchildren; Relaxing with my husband - especially someplace with dramatic nature (like the North Shore of Lake Superior); Being appreciated by folks where I work.

Sep 30, 2012

Oozak Challenge #6 - Sparkle & CAS-ual Fridays CFC72

Oozak is a Website I found out about thru Sandy Allnock and Operation Write Home.  It has a monthly challenge, and today is the last day for September.  This month the theme is "Sparkle" and they even have a little extra for folks who sparkle their names. 
The card is also for the CAS-ual Friday challenge #72 "Toot Your Own Horn" where the idea is to do a card that is inspired by your own blog header.  Well, my blog header is pretty plain, but I used it to choose the color for the card-stock and designer paper (by Stampin' Up!).
My card uses a rainbow image I've had for decades (yes, decades!).  It was made by a home-party company called D.O.T.S., which closed down over a decade ago. The sparkle comes from Elmers glitter glues for the rainbow colors, and Stickles for the clouds.  Had to let it dry/harden all night.  I also used Diamond Glaze to attach some small crystal beads for added bling, but they don't really sparkle.  After I put on the sentiment and the rainbow, I called it done - - - but - - - Sandy Alnock is a ribbon nut and I realized I had to add the ribbon.  That definitely improved the finished product.  Thanks Sandy, for being that 'voice' in my head when I'm making cards!  LOL!



3 comments:

  1. I just love that sentiment :) So clever to use the color of your header text as your muse :) So glad you tooted your horn for us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sweet sentiment and sparklies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the sentiment is just precious! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me, to help me improve the blog content. Thanks!