About Me

My photo
These are a few of my favorite things (not in order of importance): Creating beautiful things from paper or fabric; Loving puppy dogs (and cats, and other furry critters); Being part of the Eagan Hills Alliance Church family; Enjoying my grandchildren; Relaxing with my husband - especially someplace with dramatic nature (like the North Shore of Lake Superior); Being appreciated by folks where I work.

Oct 28, 2012

Rubberband Background Valentine

The StampTV Mix-it-up-Monday challenge was to do the rubber-band background technique. Here is the link to the Stamp TV video that teaches the technique. I almost didn't do this one, because I don't have an acrylic brayer.  However, I decided to use my regular (rubber) brayer, and I had a blast.  VERY fun technique.  
The inks I used are Kaleidacolor rainbow pads - Desert Heat and Berry Blaze, and the paper is a pale pink mottled "sky" paper.  The images and sentiment come from the Gina K Designs set "Framed Friends".  
I chose to make this a "valentine" card, to fit the 365 Cards Day 238 challenge, and used the sketch option for the Society of Stampaholics - November Card Chain Challenge. Colored the image and hearts with Copic Markers.

1 comment:

  1. What a colorful, fun card. Thanks for joining us at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me, to help me improve the blog content. Thanks!