About Me

My photo
These are a few of my favorite things (not in order of importance): Creating beautiful things from paper or fabric; Loving puppy dogs (and cats, and other furry critters); Being part of the Eagan Hills Alliance Church family; Enjoying my grandchildren; Relaxing with my husband - especially someplace with dramatic nature (like the North Shore of Lake Superior); Being appreciated by folks where I work.

Sep 18, 2012

Telescoping Butterflys

The card club I belong to had us make a multi-layer card at club in July that I think of as "telescoping".  Our swaps for September were to be cards made in this format.  Any subject or picture we wanted, just so long as it was one picture on three "levels" with mats between.  (Hard to describe, but easy to do.)  I tried several pictures before I settled on Butterflies.  The sentiment and the butterflies all come from Gina K Designs. After stamping the butterflies & sentiment in black dye ink, I used three colors of Tim Holtz Distress Inks to color randomly on the butterflies, and then two more to make the background blue & green.  Had a lot of fun.

I did green mats for club, but had some silver cardstock to use up.  I wasn't sure I liked the plain silver, so then I tried coloring the edges of the mats using Copics, to get a color that fit the image better.

The blue one isn't very straight, but it made me think I should try doing one with the layers purposely angled to see how that would look.

3 comments:

  1. Wow...that gorgeous blue really makes your beautiful butterflies pop! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are absolutely beautiful, and a technique I have yet to try. It looks very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful cards & a cool technique! I'll have to try that out!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me, to help me improve the blog content. Thanks!