About Me

My photo
These are a few of my favorite things (not in order of importance): Creating beautiful things from paper or fabric; Loving puppy dogs (and cats, and other furry critters); Being part of the Eagan Hills Alliance Church family; Enjoying my grandchildren; Relaxing with my husband - especially someplace with dramatic nature (like the North Shore of Lake Superior); Being appreciated by folks where I work.

Oct 6, 2012

Card "kits" for OWH Birthday Party


To celebrate Operation Write Home's birthday last month, Sandy Allnock had asked card-makers all over the country to have OWH card-making parties. I designed a dozen or maybe different cards, and made kits for easy assembly. From 12 to 15 kits per design.  That's a lot of bits and pieces!  I planned to host a party for a couple of hours at work, using my vacation leave.  

However, working in government has it's drawbacks.  Management at my work site wasn't supportive.  The concept may have been too "political" for the setting.  Anyway, since co-workers couldn't be allowed a few minutes to make a card, or write an Any Hero letter, I was left with about 170 cards to assemble.  Here are a few of the ones that got completed this week.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me, to help me improve the blog content. Thanks!