About Me

My photo
These are a few of my favorite things (not in order of importance): Creating beautiful things from paper or fabric; Loving puppy dogs (and cats, and other furry critters); Being part of the Eagan Hills Alliance Church family; Enjoying my grandchildren; Relaxing with my husband - especially someplace with dramatic nature (like the North Shore of Lake Superior); Being appreciated by folks where I work.

Oct 20, 2012

Get Your Spook On - color challenge at StampTV

The StampTV Oldies but Goodies challenge for this week is to use at least two of these colors:  black, purple, orange, and green.  I already did one card, but this week's Operation Write Home sketch challenge #142 just called for another try with those colors.

The hearts are stamped in VersaMark, using a stamp from the Framed Friends set, which also provided the sentiment.  I used a Nestabilities lable die, and tied some purple raffia on it.  Then, when the card was almost done, I got a bit of black marker on the front. I was going around the edges of the black cardstock, since it has a white core.  I had just been thinking how it is so much safer to do this with the backside facing the hand holding the marker, but the next edge I held the face side toward the marker hand and it skipped on me.  Lesson learned!  So, to hide the bits of black marker on the front, I added a purple raffia heart, to go with the sentiment.

1 comment:

Please share your thoughts with me, to help me improve the blog content. Thanks!