About Me

My photo
These are a few of my favorite things (not in order of importance): Creating beautiful things from paper or fabric; Loving puppy dogs (and cats, and other furry critters); Being part of the Eagan Hills Alliance Church family; Enjoying my grandchildren; Relaxing with my husband - especially someplace with dramatic nature (like the North Shore of Lake Superior); Being appreciated by folks where I work.

Oct 21, 2012

Hero Arts Sketch - Thanks

The Hero Arts contest/challenge this month offered several choices, including three different sketches.  This card follows one of those sketches pretty closely, but I made it a gate-fold card just for fun.  The designer paper is from Stampin' Up!, the Thanks stamp is by Hero Arts, the green strip was made using a Stampin' Up! border punch. The right side of the card was just plain white (as it is in the sketch), but that didn't look right.  So I used another Hero Arts stamp and iridescent embossing powder to glitz up the right side.  Then I used that same stamp (a square with various sized circles in it) with Spun Sugar Distress Ink to give that side a little more texture. One other note - the base card was about 1/4" short of 8.5" for a full A2 card.  Solved this by adding the border at the edge of the card-front "gate" and letting the loops overlap the opposite side of the gate.  The irridescent embossing powder makes this card work for the Cute Card Thursday challenge, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me, to help me improve the blog content. Thanks!