About Me

My photo
These are a few of my favorite things (not in order of importance): Creating beautiful things from paper or fabric; Loving puppy dogs (and cats, and other furry critters); Being part of the Eagan Hills Alliance Church family; Enjoying my grandchildren; Relaxing with my husband - especially someplace with dramatic nature (like the North Shore of Lake Superior); Being appreciated by folks where I work.

Sep 29, 2012

Colorwash - Mix it Up Monday STV12MON38

The current Mix it up Monday challenge on StampTV is to do a color-wash background.  The image is from Gina K Designs, "Holiday Basket" by Melanie Muenchinger.  
I used Distress Inks on my acrylic block:  basket area is Rusty Hinge, flowers is Wild Honey and some Dried Marigold, and the edges/non-image area was Tumbled Glass. Then misted with water, and 'stamped' the block onto the paper.  Then I stamped the image on the color-wash using Memento, used a paper-stump and Peeled Paint Distress Ink to fill in the leaves.  I added more Tumbled Glass around the image, and then use Broken China to darken the edges and corners.  The flowers were darkened with Copic markers Y11 and Y17.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me, to help me improve the blog content. Thanks!