About Me

My photo
These are a few of my favorite things (not in order of importance): Creating beautiful things from paper or fabric; Loving puppy dogs (and cats, and other furry critters); Being part of the Eagan Hills Alliance Church family; Enjoying my grandchildren; Relaxing with my husband - especially someplace with dramatic nature (like the North Shore of Lake Superior); Being appreciated by folks where I work.

Oct 27, 2012

Close-Knit Friends - 4 challenges

This card works for four of the current challenges.  Operation Write Home's Midweek Throwdown is to make friendship cards.  At 365 Cards, the challenge for Day 235 is the sketch I used.  This month's Oozak challenge is to use die-cuts, and at StampTV the Free-for-all Friday challenge is to "show me some bling."  

The stamp set is a duo by Gina K Designs, and the pattern paper is by Stampin' Up!  The border die cut flourish-y hearts is part of a Spellbinders Borderability die.  There are five hearts on the die, but only three were needed to fit the sketch.  The ribbon is some iridescent blue sheer stuff I fell in love with about 8 years ago, and have never used much.  I tend to think it's "too pretty" to use!  This shiny/sparkly hearts are die cuts in an iridescent shiny silver paper.  I love the way the light brings out all those different colors. Some final bling is the heart-shaped diamond-like gems added to the border.

5 comments:

  1. Love the bit of sparkle, many thanks for joining us at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, love the sentiment! Thanks for joining 365 Cards Super Sunday Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun card!!! love the glittery shimmer here!!! thanks soo much for joining up at 365 Cards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shmimmer ribbon that looks like a butterfly. What a thoughtful card.
    Thanks for joining us over at 365cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card, I like the sparkle too!

    Thanks for playing in our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me, to help me improve the blog content. Thanks!